Allah [may He be Glorified] said: "The believers, men and women, are Auliyâ' (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another; they enjoin (on the people) Al-Ma'rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islâm has forbidden); they perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât) and give the Zakât, and obey Allâh and His Messenger. Allâh will have His Mercy on them. Surely Allâh is All-Mighty, All-Wise ."(9:71)
This verse includes some characteristics of the believing men and women:
1. They are interrelated to each other by virtue of the links of religion, love, friendship, affiliation and support.
2. They enjoin what is "good", the term which includes all meritorious acts with regard to sound beliefs, good deeds and noble characters. They apply these qualities to themselves before applying them to any other person.
3. They forbid evil which is anything contrary to goodness, such as false beliefs, bad deeds and detestable manners.
4. They establish prayer in humiliation, fulfilling its pillars, conditions, recommendations and ethics.
5. They pay the Zakah of their properties with full contentment and satisfaction.
6. They always stick to the obedience of Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him).
The verse then explains that such people will have the mercy of Allah, i.e. He will admit them into His comprehensive Mercy and Kindness.
It also added that Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise and that, even though He has the ability to do everything, He is Wise in conducting such things putting everything in its proper scale.
See Tafsir Ibn Sa'di, p.303 (Al-Luwaihiq Edition).